Table of Contents
What is Vitamin C?
Vitamin C is a type of vitamin that is soluble in water. “It is necessary to run and maintain the normal and healthy functioning of the body.” According to researchers, it is essential for the defense and immune system of the body.
The Importance of Vitamin C
Collagen is a substance made of vitamin C. Collagen is much needed for maintaining and growing the tissues of cartilage, bone, skin, teeth, blood vessel walls, ligaments, and tendons. It is also beneficial as an antioxidant. It has many benefits for our bodies, such as
- It protects the cells of our body so they remain healthy.
- Wounds heal faster due to the average amount of vitamin C.
- It regulates the functioning of bones, cartilage, blood vessels, and healthy skin.
- It has to boost up the defense and immune system of the body by producing white blood cells, which you know to fight against diseases and infection.
- Proper and regular use of vitamin C and its supplements regulate blood pressure. People who use Vitamin C supplements have almost lower chances of suffering from high blood pressure.
- Using items containing vitamin C lowers the chances of heart disease as it controls blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Vitamin C prevents you from having a disease of uric acid, “Gout.”
- The normal use of Vitamin C helps your brain to work fast and maintain your mental health.
- It is particularly beneficial for your skin as it creates collagen, which helps your body from preventing skin damage.
What if your body is deficient in vitamin C?
Many people ask what will happen if we have a vitamin C deficiency. It is such a question of which answer we all should know well. Foremost, you should know that a deficiency of vitamin C causes the disease “Scurvy.” If you do not get the average amount of vitamin C, then you can face this. Muscle pain, joint pain, and bleeding are the symptoms of scurvy. The human body cannot make vitamin C itself, so it is taken from outside sources.
What are the symptoms of Vitamin C deficiency?
According to the researchers, there are many symptoms of vitamin C that you can observe and judge yourself. Some of those are given below as
- Bleeding gums
- Muscle cramps
- Nose bleeds
- Dry and splitting hair
- Teeth decay
- Early bruising
- Inflammation of gums
- Rough, dry, and scaly skin
- Weak immune system
Sources of Vitamin C
While talking about vitamin C sources, we learned that there are two main categories of vitamin C sources.
- Natural sources of vitamin C
- Supplements sources of vitamin C
Natural Sources of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is naturally found in different shapes, especially vegetables and fruits. The fruits with vitamin C include
- Citrus fruit (orange, lemon)
- Black currants
- Brussels sprouts
- Kiwi fruit
- Green peas
Supplements of Vitamin C
Vitamin C Vitamin-rich food supplements are given below as
- The kind signature of vitamin C
- Care of vitamin C
- Ritual postnatal
- Capsule vitamin C