Basic is under the Lordship of Jesus who leads us through the Bible and the Spirit.
Statement of Faith
This Statement of Faith represents core doctrines that are shared by all of our members. We’ve also identified several theological distinctives which shape the identity and direction of our church. Members don’t have to embrace every aspects of our distinctives, but acknowledge that they will be maintained in the church and agree not to teach against them.
God: We believe in one God who exists eternally as one essence and three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, each of whom is fully God, yet there is one God.
Revelation: We believe God has made Himself known to the world through Jesus, the Bible and creation.
Creation and Authority: We believe God created the world from nothing and governs all things at all times in all places.
Human Life: We believe every person is created by God, in his image, with natural value and worth including unborn children, the disabled and elderly.
Sin: We believe sin has fractured all things, leaving the world in desperate need for salvation.
Salvation: We believe salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus alone.
Church: We believe the Church is the body of Jesus, sent into the world to represent the glory of God for the joy of all people.
Resurrection and The Kingdom of God: We believe Jesus is alive and will return to the world in the future to judge all people from all times.
- Inerrancy: We believe the Bible is God’s completely true, inspired and authoritative word.
- Complementarianism: We believe men and women are absolutely equal in essence, dignity and value yet have complementary roles and responsibilities in the home and church. We embrace and celebrate this as God’s design to represent his own nature through these institutions. As it relates to the church, men and women are both expected to lead; however, the role of Pastor is reserved for qualified men.
- Sovereignty of God in Salvation: We believe salvation is the work of God. Apart from his intervention, no one would worship or pursue him. Before creating the world, God chose his people for adoption and placed his affection and grace on them. Faith is a gift of grace that is given by the mercy and pleasure of God, so that no one can boast.
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit: We believe the gifts of the Holy Spirit that we see on display in the New Testament are still active within the church today. These gifts did not end with the completion of the New Testament or the death of the last Apostle.
- Baptism by Immersion: We believe baptism follows conversion as a way to publicly identify with Jesus in his death and resurrection. We practice baptism by immersion into water as seen throughout the New Testament.
- God’s Design for Marriage: We believe that marriage is designed by God as a representation of the relationship which exists between Jesus and his Church through the lifelong union of one man and one woman.